THE NULLIFIERS OF ISLAM OR THE INVALIDATORS OF ISLAM
The Nullifiers of Islam(“Nawaaqid-ul-Islam”) are the things that invalidate Islam. They have been called “Nullifiers”because if a person commits any one of them, his Islam and Religion become cancelled, and he goes from being a Muslim and a believer to being from among those who commit Shirk (associating partners) and worship idols. We ask Allah (Glory be to Him) for His Safety and Protection.
Nullifiers and Invalidators cancel out one’s Religion, Tawheed and Eeman, just as the nullifiers of Purity cancels out one’s state of purity. So if a person has just performed wudoo(ablution) and is in a state of purity, then he breaks his wudooby urinating, defecating or passing wind, his state of (ritual) purity has been nullified and invalidated. And he goes on to being in a state of (ritual) impurity after having been in a state of purity. Such is the case with the Muslim, the believer and the one who affirms Tawheed (Muwahhid) – if he commits any of these Nullifiers of Islam, his Islam and Religion becomes invalidated. And if he or she dies while in this condition of Nullification, he or she will then become from the inhabitants of the Hellfire.
Allah (Glory be to Him) made it obligatory upon all His slaves to enter Islam and hold on to it, and warned them against following other than Islam.“And whoever desires other than Islamasreligion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among thelosers.”Qur’an.Surah Ale Imran 3:85 He also sent His Prophet Muhammad (May Allah honour Him and grant Him peace) to call mankind to it. Allah (Glory be to Him) has informed us in the Qur’an that guided are those who follow the teachings of Islam, and misguided are those who reject them. He warned us in many Ayahs against the causes of apostasy and all forms of Shirk and disbelief, Religious scholars have mentioned that there are a number of invalidators that are bound to take one out of the fold of Islam. For the sake of attaining salvation in the Hereafter, below are the ten most critical of these invalidators so that you will avoid them and make others aware of them.
Ten conditions of nullifying from Islam
1. To associate(Shirk)others with Allah (Glory be to Him) in worship.
The Qur’an says:"Allah (Glory be to Him) forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners with Him in worship, but He forgives whom He pleases other sins than this." Qur’an.Surah Nisa 4:116. "Whoever sets up partners with Allah (Glory be to Him) in worship, Allah (Glory be to Him) will forbid him Paradise, and the Fire will be his abode. For the wrongdoers there are no helpers." Qur’an.Surah Maidah 5:72. Forms of worship include calling upon the dead, seeking their assistance, offering sacrifices to them, and taking vows in their names.
2. To set up intermediaries between oneself and Allah (Glory be to Him), seeking their intercession and putting absolute trust in them. Those who do so are unanimously considered disbelievers. But Allah (Glory be to Him), declares them disbelievers and liars because of this statement (of theirs). “We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah (Glory be to Him), in position. Verily, Allah (Glory be to Him), will judge between them concerning what they used to differ in. Surely, Allah (Glory be to Him), does not guide he who is a liar, and a hardened disbeliever.” Qur’an.Surah Zumar 39:3. So they are liars because of this statement (of theirs) and they are disbelievers because of this action.
3. Not to accuse polytheists and those who commit Shirk or disbelief, to be in doubt as to their being disbelievers, or to approve of their beliefs. The term “polytheists” is general and includes all of the various types of disbelievers. Therefore, every disbeliever is a polytheist. So whoever does not hold a disbeliever to be as such, then he himself is a disbeliever, just like him.
4. To believe that the Prophet's (May Allah honour Him and grant Him peace) guidance is not completeor perfect or that other people's ruling and judgment is better than his. Those who prefer the rule of false gods are blatant. Whoever believes that there is some guidance better than the guidance of the Prophet Muhammad (May Allah honour Him and grant Him peace).
5. Those who hate anything that the Prophet Muhammad (May Allah honour Him and grant Him peace) came with are also disbelievers even if they act upon them. The Qur’an says: "That is because they hate that which Allah (Glory be to Him) sent down, so He has made their deeds fruitless." Qur’an.Surah Muhammad 47:9
6. Those who ridicule anything that Islam came with, such as punishment and reward in the Hereafter, are disbelievers. The Qur’an says:"Say: 'Was it at Allah (Glory be to Him), and His Signs, and His Messenger, that you were mocking? Make no excuse; you have rejected Faith after you had accepted it." Qur’an.Surah Taubah 9:65, 66
7. Magic in all its forms, including turning someone away from somebody that he or she loves, and making someone love someone or something he or she does not normally like. Whoever practices magic or approves of it is a disbeliever, as evidenced by the Qur’anic Ayah that says: "But neither of these (two angels) taught anyone (such things) without saying, We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)."Qur’an.Surah Baqarah 2:102
8. As example To love the disbeliever’s believes and support those disbeleivers who are opressord to do operation against mazloom(oppreseed) Muslims .The Qur’an says: "And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah (Glory be to Him) guides not a people unjust." Qur’an.Surah Maidah 5:51
9. Those who believe that it is in their power or authority to forsake the law of Islam are disbelievers. The Qur’an says: "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." Qur’an.Surah A’le Imran 3:85
10. To turn away from Islam and to stubbornly refuse to learn its teachings or act upon them. The Qur’an says: "And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Signs of his Lord, then he turns away there from? Verily from those who transgress We shall exact (due) retribution." Qur’an.Surah Sajdah 32:22
In all of these invalidators, there is no difference between one who does them jokingly, seriously except for one who is compelled against his will. All of these matters are most dangerous and most of them are occurring (amongst the Muslims). Therefore, it is necessary for the Muslim to beware of them and fear for himself concerning them.
We seek Allah’s (Glory be to Him) refuge from His painful punishment as well as from those things that cause His wrath (anger). Allah’s Peace and Blessing be upon His Messenger, his pure family and noble Companions (May Allah be pleased with Them All).
Book of “The Authentic Creed and the Invalidators of Islam”, Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baaz and for detail you can read books of sheikh Saleh Al sheikh