Cupping Therapy (or Hijama) comes from the root al-hajm, which means “sucking”. Al-hajjaam is the name given to the cupper, and hijama is the name given to this profession. Al-mihjam is the name given to the tool in which blood is collected, or to the knife used by the cupper.Cupping (hijama) is the process of applying cups to various points on the body by removing the air inside the cups to form a vacuum.
Cupping (hijama) is the best remedy recommended and used by the Messenger (ﷺ), "The best medicines you may treat yourselves with are cupping...' Sahih al-Bukhari 5696
IbnMas'ud(R) said: "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) narrated about the Night of Isra', saying that he did not pass an assembly of angels except that they ordered him: 'Order cupping among your Ummah." Sahih Tirmidhi Vol #4, Hadith #2052 and SunanIBN MAJAH HADITH #3478 This shows the importance and greatness of this Sunnah. 
Cupping (hijama) is of three types:
1. Dry cupping (hijama) - This is the process of using a vacuum on different areas of the body in order to gather the blood in that area without incisions (small, light scratches using a razor).
2. Dry massage cupping (hijama) – This is similar to dry cupping (hijama) but olive oil is applied to the skin (before applying the cups) in order to allow easy movement of the cups. 70% of diseases, pains and ailments are due to the blood being unable to reach certain parts of the body. Dry cupping (hijama) and dry massaging cupping (hijama) allow the blood to reach these places. Dry and massage cupping (hijama) may be administered any time of the day, any day of the week or month. There are no restrictions.
3. Wet cupping (hijama) - This is the process of using a vacuum at different points on the body but with incisions in order to remove 'harmful' blood which lies just beneath the surface of the skin. (It is recommended that wet cupping (hijama) is only administered by a cupping therapist). 
Anas ibn Malik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Indeed the best of remedies you have is cupping…" [Sahih Al Bukhari (5371)].
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Healing is in three things: in the incision of the cupper, in drinking honey, and in cauterizing with fire, but I forbid my Ummah (nation) from cauterization (branding with fire)." Sahih Al Bukhari 5681 - 5683 and Sahih Sunan ibn Majah 3491
Jaabiribn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Indeed in cupping there is a cure." Sahih Muslim 5706
Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (SallallaahuÁlayhi Wasallam) said, "If there was something excellent to be used as a remedy then it is cupping." Sahih Sunan Abi Dawud 3857, Sahih Sunan ibn Maajah 3476
Cupping Can Be Used For -
1. Headaches - Ibn 'Abbas (May Allaah be pleased with him), further said Allah's Messenger was cupped on his head for unilateral headache while he was in state of Ihrãm. (Sahih al BukahriVol #7, Hadith #5701)
Salma (May Allaah be pleased with her), the slave of the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said, "No one complained to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) of a headache but he told him to get himself cupped, or of a pain in his legs but he told him to dye them with henna." Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud 3858
2. Magic - Ibn al-Qaiyum (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentions that the Messenger (ﷺ) cupped his head when he was afflicted with magic and that it is from the best of cures for this if done correctly. [Zaad al Ma'aad (4/125-126)].
3. Poison -Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that a Jewish woman gave poisoned meat to the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) so he (ﷺ) sent her a message saying, "what caused you to do that?" She replied, "If you really are a Prophet then Allaah will inform you of it and if you are not then I would save the people from you!" When the Messenger (ﷺ) felt pain from it, he (ﷺ) performed cupping. Once he travelled while in Ihram and felt that pain and hence performed cupping. Musand Ahmed (1/305) the hadeeth is hasan (good chain with all the paths).
Cupping Therapy (hijama) is from the Sunnah- The Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever revives a Sunnah from my Sunnah and the people practise it, s/he will have the same reward of those who practice it without their reward diminishing…" Sahih Muslim 1017
Jaabir ibn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported Umm Salama (may Allah be pleased with her) asked permission from the Messenger (ﷺ) for getting herself cupped. The Apostle of Allah (ﷺ) asked Abu Taiba to cup her. He (Jabir) said: I think he (Abu Taiba) was her faster brother or a young boy before entering upon the adolescent period. Sahih Muslim 2206, Abu Dawud 4102, Saheeh ibn Majah Vol. 4, Book 31, Hadith 3480
Narrated by Abu Hurayrah(R): The Prophet (ﷺ) said: The best medical treatment you apply is cupping.ABU DAWOOD (Book 28, Hadith 3848)
Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Healing is in three things: A gulp of honey, cupping, branding with fire (cauterizing).” But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire.” SAHIH BUKHARI (Vol. 7, Book 71, Hadith 584)
Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah (R): I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, “If there is any healing in your medicines, then it is in cupping, a gulp of honey or branding with fire (cauterization) that suits the ailment, but I don’t like to be (cauterized) branded with fire.” SAHIH BUKHARI (Vol. 7, Book 71, Hadith 587),SAHIH BUKHARI (Vol. 7, Book 71, Hadith 603)
Narrated Anas:”The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was cupped. Abu Talhah(R) did the cupping. So he ordered that he be given two Sa’ of food, and he spoke to his masters to reduce his taxes. He said: ‘The most virtuous of what you treat with is cupping.’ Or, he said: ‘The best of your treatments is cupping.’ SUNAN TIRMIDHI (Book 14, Hadith 80)
It is narrated on the authority of Humaid that Anas b. Malik(R) was asked about the earnings of the cupper. He said:Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) got himself cupped. His cupper was Abu Taiba and he (the Holy Prophet) commanded to give him two sa’s of corn. He (Prophet) talked with the members of his family and they lightened the burden of Kharaj (tax) from him (i. e. they made remis- sion in the charges of their own accord). He (Allah’s Apostle) said: The best (treat- ment) which you take is cupping, or it is the best of your treatments. Sahih Muslim (Book 10, Hadith 3830)
Narrated Anas:that he was asked about the wages of the one who cups others. He said, ‘Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) was cupped by `Abd Taiba, to whom he gave two Sa of food and interceded for him with his masters who consequently reduced what they used to charge him daily. Then the Prophet (ﷺ) s said, “The best medicines you may treat yourselves with are cupping and sea incense.’ He added, “You should not torture your children by treating tonsillitis by pressing the tonsils or the palate with the finger, but use incense.” Sahih Al Bukhari (Vol. 7, Book 71, Hadith 599) 
Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) reported that the Prophet ﷺwas treated with cupping, and he paid the cupper his fee.” Sahih al-Bukhaari, 10/124; Muslim 1202
Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) got himself cupped. His cupper was Abu Taiba and he (the Prophet) commanded to give him two sa's of corn. He (the Prophet) talked with the members of his family and they lightened the burden of Kharaj (tax) from him (i. e. they made remis- sion in the charges of their own accord). He (Allah's Apostle) said: The best (treat- ment) which you take is cupping, or it is the best of your treatments. Sahih Muslim 1577 and Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1278
With regard to the times when cupping is recommended - Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever is treated with cupping on the seventeenth, nineteenth or twenty first, will be healed from all diseases.” Abu Dawood, 3861,and al-Bayhaqi, 9/340. The isnad is hasan
Shaikh Ibn Al-Qayyim said:
“These ahaadeeth coincide with what the doctors agree on, that cupping should be done in the second half of the month, and that the third quarter of the month is better than the beginning or the end. But if cupping is done out of necessity it is beneficial at any time, even at the beginning or end of the month. Al-Khallaal said: ‘Ismahibn ‘Isaam told me: Hanbal told me: Abu ‘Abd-Allaah Ahmad ibnHanbal would be treated with cupping whenever his blood increased, no matter what time it was… They disliked having cupping done on a full stomach, because that could lead to obstruction and grievous diseases, especially if the food was heavy and bad… Choosing the times mentioned above for cupping is an extra precaution, to be on the safe side and to protect one’s health, but when it comes to treating disease, whenever it is necessary it should be used. ZAAD AL-MA’AAD 4/60 
Cupping has real benefits in treating many diseases, past and present. The diseases which have been treated by cupping and for which it has been of benefit by Allaah’s Leave include the following:
• It helps in causing tissues to release toxins
• Activate the lymphatic system
• To clean delicate and big arteries and activate the blood circulation.
• To clean lymphatic knots and veins, mainly in the foot, that spread all over the body to relieve it from the residuals of medications at once
• To activate and stimulate reaction positions of internal body systems in the body (reflex zones) in order to increase the brain attention to the injured organ and give appropriate orders to the body to take the necessary measures.
• To clean paths of energy, this aids to strengthen the vitality of The body – a method discovered by Chinese and Japanese more than 5000years ago
• To suck medical remains of mixtures and toxics from the body that exist in blood gatherings between the skin and the muscles as well as other places in the body such as the gout disease in which uric acid crystals are taken away from between the joints with a simple blood congestion created by a slight scratch on the skin.
• To make blood gatherings in some areas that need extra blood or have a deficiency in the blood circulation (partial stimulation of the blood circulation).
• To strengthen the general immunity of the body by activating Immunity glands, particularly the thymus gland that lies at the back on the chest fourth vertebra.
• To regulate hormones – particularly in the seventh vertebra of the neck.
• To handle the psychological side through the seventh vertebra of the neck, the fifth lumbar vertebra, the gall bladder knot on the end of the right side that regulates the system responsible for nervousness, anger, sadness, depression, reactions, cruelty and carelessness – a situation that improves the patient's psychology, leads to a quick body response to drugs and helps the doctor to easily cure the disease with God willing.
• To stimulate the systems of the brain, movement, hearing, perception and memory.
• To stimulate the glands, particularly the pituitary gland.
• To relieve the tension on the nerves which sometimes occur due to the congestion of the blood vessels that presses on the nerves, mainly in the head causing headache.
• To move out some gatherings, mixtures and causes of pain of Unknown source – still a mystery to modern medicine – that led to establish pain clinics, especially in France , and currently hold courses in pain clinics in Egypt .
• To suck blood gatherings outside the body. This releases the prostaglandin substance from the injured cell when it explodes and arouses pain in the body. Here lies the secret of getting rid of many pains immediately after the cupping.
• One secret of cortisone is its ability to disenable the pain from controlling the cell and causing its explosion that releases the prostaglandin substance to finally make it disappear. Hence, they call cortisone the medical magician. Yet, the non-explosion of the injured cells is against the body nature and causes many side effects. On the other hand, cupping relieves the body of harmful wastes with no effects.
• Cupping sucks the extra acids in the body (a German research) Which maximizes the red blood cells, increases blood intensity and leads to deficiency in the blood circulation that stops the regularity of blood in the cells.
• Cupping increases the percentage of cortisone in blood.
• Cupping stimulates anti-oxidation substances.
• Cupping decreases the percentage of harmful cholesterol (LDL) in blood and Increases the ratio of useful cholesterol in blood (HDL).
• Cupping decreases the ratio of uric acid in blood.
• Cupping raises the ratio of natural morphine (ENDORBHINS) in the body and leads to countless benefits. Hence, it is necessary for anyone having any useful research on cupping to present it to benefit people as God says (co-operate on charity and piety).
• Beauty Therapy - Its use in beauty therapy is based around promoting hormone production, encouraging blood and body fluid movement in the bowels and internal organs thus removing harmful toxins that speed up the aging process and cause other conditions. 
Allah Knows Best