PROPHECY OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD ﷺ IN HINDU SCRIPTURES
Scriptures of Hinduism can be classified into two types: Shruti and Smriti.
Shruti is considered to be of divine origin and Smriti is man-made.
- Books under SHRUTI are the Vedas which consists of poetical hymns and they have their subgroups: Aranyakas, Brahmanas and Upanishads.
- Books under SMRITI are Puranas (sacred legends), Itihasas (sacred epics) Ramayana and Mahabharata and Manusmrithi which is Law book of Hindus.
Prophet Muhammad in Vedas
1. Muhammad ﷺ prophesised in the Rigveda
A prophecy is found in Rigveda Book I, Hymn 53 verse 9:
The Sanskrit word used is Sushrama, which means praiseworthy or well praised which in Arabic means Muhammad ﷺ.
2. Prophet Muhammad ﷺ inSamaveda book II:6:8
Ahmati Pituhspari Meghamratasya Jagra Ehamsurya Evajane
Ahmed acquired from his Lord the knowledge of Divine Law
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ in Bhavishya Purana
According to Bhavishya Purana in the Prati Sarag Parv III Khand 3 Adhyay 3 Shloka 5 to 8:
"A Malecha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking a foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Muhammad.
The Prophecy clearly states:
- He will belong to Arabia. The Sanskrit word Marusthal means a sandy track of land or a desert.
- Special mention is made of the companions of the Prophet, i.e. the Sahaba. No other Prophet had as many companions as Prophet Muhammad ﷺ.
- He is referred as the pride of mankind.
- He will kill the devil, i.e. abolish idol worship and all sorts of vices.
- The Prophet will be given protection against the enemy.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ in Bhagavat Purana
Bhagavat Purana 12:2:29– Prophecy says: He is Adorned with 8 qualities and riches, riding a swift horse with a sword, savior of the world. Meaning He will not use any guns/ rifles/ atomic bombs etc.
He is mentioned as NARASHANGSAin various places like Rigveda – 1:13: 3, Yajur veda – 29:27 and in many other places.
Therefore on analyzing Hindu scriptures we can conclude that all these prophecy refers to none but the last and final Messenger Muhammad ﷺ sent for the entire mankind.
Allah said in Qur’an: And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. Qur’an.Surah Al’e Imran 3:85
Book of Dr. Ved Prakash Upadhya
See Also: Muhammad ﷺ; Prophets in Islam; What Eminent Non Muslims say about Prophet Muhammad ﷺ